Coach Autry Denson's Recipe for Blossom's Oxtails
- 1-2 pounds oxtails, cut into medium pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, whole
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 5-6 whole pimento seeds (allspice)
- 1 tablespoon browning
- 1 15-ounce can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Coat oxtails with seasonings. Set oven to broil, then broil oxtails on the bottom rack for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place in a crock pot with all ingredients and cook for one hour or until tender.
Salt and pepper to taste.