Enjoy these recipes this football season!
Magnolias Barbecued Black-Eyed Peas by Chef Kelly Franz
- 6 cups black-eyed peas, drained well
- 12 strips bacon, cut in half
- Barbecue sauce
BARBECUE SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 small diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- teaspoon kosher salt
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter until onions aretranslucent.
- Whisk in all remaining ingredients, bring to a boil andreduce by half on medium heat.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour completed barbecue sauce over cooked and drainedblack-eyed peas in a greased two-quart baking dish.
- Top with sliced bacon.
- Bake uncovered for 30 to 35 minutes until bacon iscrisp.