Enjoy the recipe this football season!
Home Team BBQ Smoked Chicken Wings
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 bunch thyme
- 3 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 24 large chicken wings
- ½ cup ground chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- In a large pot, bring water to a simmer and turn off heat.
- Add all ingredients and whisk until dissolved.
- In refrigerator, submerge chicken wings in brine for four hours.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until combined.
Smoked Chicken Wings:
- Prepare a smoker with red oak and heat to 225 degrees.
- Remove brined chicken wings from liquid and pat dry.
- Add chicken wings to a large mixing bowl and evenly distribute all but four tablespoons of dry rub.Smoke chicken for two hours and 30 minutes.