Wando River Grill's Popcorn Grits
- 2 cups chicken or corn stock
- 4 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup Geechie Boy grits
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 4 ounces corn oil
- Kosher salt and white pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot with ¼ cup corn oil, addthe kernels and cover.
- Cook until popcorn is popped and notburnt. Remove unpopped kernels.
- Bring stock and 2 cups of cream to a boil,add grits.
- Simmer on a low heat, stirring often for 1hour.
- Heat remaining cream and butter in a sauce pot.
- Using a food mill, rice the popcorn into the warm cream and stir until incorporated.
- Gently fold grits and popcorn mixture together.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then let cool before serving.
*Adjust the consistency with whole milk as needed.*