Ms. Rose's Apple Bread Pudding
- 3 bags of white or brioche bread, cubed.
- 30 eggs
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup local honey
- 5 grand gala apples, diced + extra apple shavings
- 3 cans of apple juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- In a sauce pot, cook apples, apple juice, sugar and honey until applesare translucent. Cool and then chill the softened apples.
- Combine bread, eggs, cream and vanilla extract until the bread is wet.
- Add apple mixture and gently fold together.
- Grease baking dishes with pan spray and pour the bread pudding mixture into the pans.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook at 300 degrees for 2.5 hours.
- Remove foil and cook for an additional 45 minutes, then chill.
- Once chilled, cut into triangles and dip the bread pudding portions into an egg wash of two eggs, a splash of milk and brown sugar and vanilla to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Top with powdered sugar, syrup and apple shavings.