Gazpacho Recipe from SNOB (Executive Chef Russ Moore)
Yield: 6 -9 Servings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup red onions, small-diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, small-diced
- 1 cup celery, small-diced
- 1 cup cucumber, seeded, small-diced
- 4 cups red tomato, peeled, seeded, medium-diced
- 2 cups Sacramento tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tblsn olive oil
- Macerate onions, garlic and salt in the vinegar as you dice the other vegetables.
- Add vegetable (hard to soft) as you cut them; the vinegar and salt will soften them up.
- Add tomato juice and water and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Use olive oil to garnish before serving.
Lowcountry recipes, chef interviews, maps to 350 + local restaurants at www.lccuisine.com